My second post of 2018, potatoes stir-frying (Aloo Stir-Fried).
The fun part of stir-frying, I believed it should be like the photo above. When you try some stunts on toasting the potatoes in the air, you would feel like the potatoes were tastier than usual. Heat from the bottom, your hand was actually on top of the fire “almost,” but my concentration was on holding back the potato cubes after the flip. Therefore, I did not realize it until I washed my hand later on.
In reality, do you think the potatoes were more delicious if we added some actions? Check my video below, you will get the “REAL” answer.
30gm Curry Leaves
1 tbsp Garam Masala
1 tbsp Cumin Seeds
2 tbsp Mustard Seeds
1/2 tsp Tumeric
1/2 tsp Chili Powder
3 tbsp Honey Mustard Seasoning
- Put the whole potatoes in boiling water for 15minutes.
- Take out and soak in cold water for 4-5 minutes.
- Cut into cubes and soak into cold water for the second times. The starch will reduce from the potatoes cubes.
- Drain and season with 3tbsp of Honey Mustard seasoning. The Honey Mustard Seasoning I recommended is seasoned with salt and sugar. If ordinary honey mustard spice, add a few pinches of salt.
- Heat the frying pan with 3 tbsp of cooking oil, add 2tbsp of Mustard Seeds, 1tbsp of Cumin Seeds and Curry Leaves. Remember to set on low flame. Saute until the mustard seeds crack open with a “pop.”
- Add in the cubes and saute for 3 minutes, add in turmeric powder and chili powder. Continue stir-frying another 5 minutes.
- Blend in the last Garam Masala before serving.